1. You must congratulate yourself ______ the fact that you don’t depend ______ anyone when you go _______ trips that you are keen _________.
a). for / on / in / –
b). for / on / in / –
c). on / on / on / on
d). about / on / to / about
2. __________ we arrive ______________ we can have a rest.
a). the sooner / the more quickly
b). sooner / more quickly
c). the more soon / the more quickly
d). the sooner / the more quick
3. It was ________ for them to understand because they could ___________ follow the person who was speaking so ________.
a). hardly / hardly / fast
b). hard / hardly / fastly
c). hardly / hard / fast
d). hard / hardly / fast
4. The thief _______ to convince the investigator that he ________ anything wrong but the investigator _________ and he __________ a punishment anyway.
a). was trying / had done / thought / wouldn’t receive
b). was trying / hadn’t done / has been thinking / would receive
c). was trying / hadn’t done / thought / would receive
d). was trying / had done / thought / won’t receive
5. If it __________winter that time, we _____________the house and now we__________ our time in a modern living room.
a). hadn’t been / would have renovated / ’d spend
b). hadn’t been / would have renovated /’d be spending
c). weren’t / would renovate / ’d spend
d). hadn’t been / would have renovated / ’d have spent
6. I remember ________back her book and I also thought about _________some flowers for ___________ the opportunity _________ such a valuable book.
a). brought / buying / having / to read
b). bringing / buying / having / to read
c). to bring / buying / to have / to read
d). bringing / buying / to have / to read
7. The essay that _________to the team last week __________ very slowly because some research had to _________ previously.
a). gave / wrote / was done
b). was given / was writing / be done
c). was given / wrote / be done
d). was given / was being written / be done
8. They are going to come for a cake, _________?
a). aren’t they?
b). do they?
c). don’t they?
d). are they?