Posts Tagged ‘Past Simple’
Pune verbele din paranteze la Past Simple – Past Continuous – Past Perfect Simple – Past Perfect Continuous
1. “Hi, this is Donna!”
2. “Oh! Hi, Donna, I’m glad to hear you. What’s up?”
3. “Well, I just (browse) some photo albums when I (start) to remember our former classmates.”
4. “Oh, how nice! You (laugh) when you (see) our childish faces?”
5. “Not really. Some of us look the same. For example Damian… He already (divorce) when I (talk) to him.”
6. “What (happen)? He (be) one of the most intelligent boys.”
7. “Just his luck… When I (meet) him, he (apply) for a position in a foreign company.”
8. “What about Alice? She (marry) by the time we (graduate) high-school.”
9. “I know. She has a company with her husband now. They (celebrate) her birthday at Miriam’s restaurant when I accidentally (come across) them. They (invite) me to their table.”
10. “Donna, I’m awfully sorry! I would absolutely like to chat with you, but I (bake) some cookies for a while when you (call)…”
11. “O.k., don’t wory. I’ll talk to you later. Bye!”
Urmareste in videoclip raspunsurile corecte si explicatia.
- It (rain) a lot this spring.
- It (rain) yesterday and last week, too.
- The weather (be) very bad so far.
- In fact it’s raining this moment. It (rain) for half an hour.
- It seems we (not see) a sunny day for ages.
- I (be) happy when I (see) a few sunrays two days ago.
- But my happiness (be) short lived because it immediately (start) raining.
- I (be) very bored and tired lately because of the weather.
- My friends (call) me for a few days in order to go to a club.
- My mother also (tell) me for a while to go out.
- I (know) him for a long time.
- In fact, I (know) him since we (come) to the same school.
- I (meet) him in the first school day.
- We (talk) to each other for many years.
- I even (talk) to him an hour ago.
- He (call) to invite me to tea.
- We often (have) tea together.
- He (invite) people to tea for a few months.
- His parents (ask) him to do so when they (come back) from their holiday.
- I always (appreciate) his parents.
- We (be) at the baker’s a few minutes ago.
- “You (send) the mail?” “Yes, I just (send) it.”
- I (lose) weight.
- What he (do) when he (see) you?
- They (have) dinner yet?
- I (listen) to loud music for half an hour.
- My father (have) this car for only one year.
- What he (talk) about for so long?
- Mary (be) in the kitchen since she (come). She (cook) for three hours.
- How long Paul (wait) for the train?
- It’s almost 3 p.m. I (call) you this morning, but I (can not) find you.
- My cousin (work) very hard recently.
- We (be) friends since we (be) little children.
- When Paul and Sue (met)?
- I (not receive) any e-mails so far.
- Well, I (receive) about ten. Yesterday I (read) about ten, too.
- He (ask) you to do that since you (show) up.
- I (be) very busy today because I (study) for my Geography exam.
- My God! The girls (talk) on the phone for an hour already.
- She is very tired, she (work) all day long.
- “When you (do) your homework, Dan?” “I (not finish) it yet, but I (write) it since I (arrive).”
- Her little sister (collect) napkins for a long time. She already (have) one hundred last week.
- How long they (be) here?
- The mechanics (not fix) the car they (bring) two days ago.
- “The little boy (trip) over a large stone and (break) his nose.” “When it (happen)?” “I think it (be) a couple of hours ago.
- Since they last (visit) me, they (see) so many wonderful places.
- Excuse me, where you (find) this very nice bag?
- What time the children (go) out?
- “What you (do) during all this time?” “Well, we (move) to a new house and this week we (carry) the furniture.”
- I think he (get) his bike when he (pass) that difficult exam.
- When I (be) young, I (want) to become an engineer.
- Jane (wait) for her friend when she (see) her cat under a car.
- Denis (break) his leg while he (play) football.
- While I (sit) on the toilet, my mobile phone (start) to ring.
- My brother (sing) and (have) a shower while I (watch) TV.
- At this time yesterday I (cycle) in the park.
- What you (do) when I (phone) you?
- I (not hear) when my father (call) me.
- Everybody (have) fun when suddenly the lights (go) out.
- Joan (not notice) me. She (look) somewhere else.
- “You (see) her at the concert?” “Of course I (see) her. Unfortunately I (not can) talk to her.”
- We (have) a chat while we (wait) for our coffee in the restaurant.
- You (watch) TV when the guests (arrive)?
- She (laugh) while she (tell) us the joke. That’s why we (not understand) anything.
- I (sleep) while my brother (paint) my face in red. When I (wake up), I (want) to beat him. Fortunately our parents (come) and (stop) the fight.
- When I last (meet) him, he (try) to find a job as an accountant.
- My mum (cook) when my father (surprise) her with a bunch of flowers.
- The radio was on, but nobody (listen) to it.
- While we (play) in the park we (see) a terrible accident.
- When Kim (find out) that he (cheat) on her, she (tell) him to get lost.
- His grandfather (fall) asleep while he (listen) to the news.
- He (try) to change a light bulb when he (fall) off the ladder and (break) his arm.
- When I (come) in the office, the manager (talk) on the phone, his secretary (type) a letter and another man (wait) on the chair in front of the desk.
- When we (arrive) in the mountains, the sun (shine) and the birds (sing). It (be) a lovely summer morning.
- While they (travel) around Italy, they (meet) a lot of nice people.
- What homework you (say) the teacher (give) us?
- I’m sorry, I (not understand) because I (not pay) attention.
- Grandma (lay) the table while her grandchildren (trim) the Christmas tree.
- I (leave) home because I (not know) she (come) to my place.
- Who you (talk) to when I (meet) you in the street?