- It (rain) a lot this spring.
- It (rain) yesterday and last week, too.
- The weather (be) very bad so far.
- In fact it’s raining this moment. It (rain) for half an hour.
- It seems we (not see) a sunny day for ages.
- I (be) happy when I (see) a few sunrays two days ago.
- But my happiness (be) short lived because it immediately (start) raining.
- I (be) very bored and tired lately because of the weather.
- My friends (call) me for a few days in order to go to a club.
- My mother also (tell) me for a while to go out.
- I (know) him for a long time.
- In fact, I (know) him since we (come) to the same school.
- I (meet) him in the first school day.
- We (talk) to each other for many years.
- I even (talk) to him an hour ago.
- He (call) to invite me to tea.
- We often (have) tea together.
- He (invite) people to tea for a few months.
- His parents (ask) him to do so when they (come back) from their holiday.
- I always (appreciate) his parents.
FORGET cu (to) Verb sau cu Verb-ing
- Jerry never forgets to meet his boss.
- Jerry never forgets meeting his favourite writer.
Ambele propozitii sunt corecte gramatical, insa ele au sensuri total diferite. Care este diferenta dintre ele?
- Forget + (to) Verb are sens de a uita (a nu uita) să faca ceva (actiunea exprimata de Verb NU a avut loc.)
- Forget + Verb-ing are sens de a uita (a nu uita) că a facut ceva (actiunea exprimata de Verb a avut loc deja.)
Jerry never forgets to meet his boss. => Jerry nu uita niciodata sa se intalneasca cu seful.
Jerry never forgets meeting his favourite writer. => Jerry nu uita niciodata ca s-a intalnit cu scriitorul lui preferat.
She always forgets to water the flowers. => Ea uita intotdeauna sa ude florile.
I’ll never forget visiting Venice. => Nu voi uita niciodata ca am vizitat Venetia.