- He _______ to speak French now if he ______ it when he was in school.
a). would have been able / has studied
b). would be able / has studied
c). would be able / had studied
d). would have been able / had studied
- They want to know if _____ there before lunch or ______ later on.
a). the guests is / they are
b). are the guests / are they
c). the guest are / they will come
d). the guests will be / they will come
- It was his birthday ___ that day and many girls were supposed to come ____ his party ____ 8 p.m. because he was one of the most popular boys ____ his high school, but ____ the end only his girlfriend arrived ____ the end of the party.
a). in / to / at / in / at / in
b). in / at / at / from / at / in
c). on / to / at / from / in / at
d). on / to / at / in / in / at
- The teacher asked them what ________ and how old _______.
a). their names were / they were
b). were their names / were they
c). were their names / they were
d). their names were / were they
- ______ our hard work, we only succeeded to get the second place, ______ our direct competitors won the trophy.
a). Despite of / whereas
b). In despite of / while
c). In spite / while
d). In spite of / whereas
- They asked the hostages ___ the bus to get ___ it and get ___ the police cars.
a). from / out of / in
b). in / on / in
c). on / off / in
d). from / off / on
- When I visited my native town, a new block _______ there.
a). was building
b). was being build
c). was built
d). was being built
- The young mechanic ________ to repair the car for two days by the time a more experienced mechanic _______.
a). was trying / was called
b). tried / was called
c). had been trying / was called
d). had tried / called
Vezi rezolvarea si explicatia in videoclip: